CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 13, 2008

October

Sorry I haven't posted in a while...I got discouraged with blogging since half the time it does not show up on the main page...sorry for all the difficulties, I figure it all out one day!

So, we've been in our house for about a month and a half now and we absolutely love it. The neighborhood is awesome and the location is in the the middle of everything we want to be close to. God's really blessed us! We did some painting in the entry hall, dining room and livingroom and Daniel even put up a chair rail in our dining room! :) Although we did get much of that done while I was on Fall Break, I haven't had any time to really decorate...I'm thinking that will probably get done over Thanksgiving Break :)

Daniel introducing Coco to her new home


Getting started on the painting

Part of the motivation for getting the painting done was that we hosted a party for our friends whose apartment burned down, we had lots of fun at the "Fire Party" and it was nice to be able to fit more than just 10 people in our place :)






Mid-October also brought colder weather, beautiful leaves and fallish activities

We got to go to a bonfire and hay-ride for a church group meeting... all was well until I tried to feed a horse and the horse bit my pinkie. One trip to the E.R., an entire box of band-aides and nearly three weeks later my pinkie nail is still purple, but most of my skin has grown back...so that's good :)

Chelsea with the horse who bit me...before hand


Chelsea nursing my hand...I won't put the gross pictures on here

Halloween was less dramatic, but was lots of fun to be with a bunch of people from church. Our friends Jen and Craig Hamilton throw a huge party every year and it was pretty fun to see people all dressed up. I forgot my camera, so I don't have many pictures...

Daniel and Scott

Me as Jackie
In other, less entertaining news, the teacher who I have been teaching for this semester will be returning in January, so I have been on the look-out for another job. There is an opening in the main Nashville school district at an arts magnet and it would be a permanent position. I interviewed last Tuesday and they were really positive after the interview and in subsequent e-mails. I'm really excited about this possibility, so please pray that it will all work out!

Daniel is still liking his job and has done really well in his accounting classes this semester. He has also found out that he does not have to complete a degree in accounting in order to sit for the CPA, so that is really exciting because he won't have to wait as long as he originally thought :)

In the lamest news of all time, my college loan payback started this month...hooray for 9 years of servatude :)

We love it out here and hope that if you can come visit, you will soon...I'm loving the fall, it's gorgeous!

Miss you all!

0 comments: